Sunday, June 03, 2007

Angle 72 of the path now available

Some of you may be wondering were the "path" that I'm refering to is coming from. Partly it is from 2 different books I've read. One being called Xenocide and the other being called Book of Five Rings. They both talk about the path in completely different ways but the concept interests me so here I go.
One of my favorite comedians when I was growing up use to tell a story about people who came up to him and asked him if he thought that God had a sense of humor. He went on to say that the first repsonse his brain had was "have you looked in the mirror." Now that in itself is extremely funny. But it has also lead to another thought. He never said his first thought to those people. Now I understand it may have been a little harsh, but why do we as people do so much self censoring. So many times we don't say what we are really thinking or what we really believe because of what? Are we afraid of how another person might take it or react to it. And if it's the truth we shouldn't be backing off of it at all. Can the truth hurt? Absolutely, but lies can hurt even more down the road.
But then again this is a view from angle 72.

No comments: